Unit Twenty-Eight 对索赔要求的回应
851. Since the damage was due to the rough handling by the steamship company, you should claim on it for recovery of the loss.
852. You should claim compensation from the shipping company instead of the sellers.
853. We are prepared to make you a reasonable compensation, but not the amount you claimed.
854. The shortage you claimed might have occurred in the course of transit, which is out of our control.
855. The shipping documents can prove that the goods, when shipped, were in perfect condition. They must have been damaged en route.
856. Your proposal to settle the claim is satisfactory. We’ll take it.
857. It seems we shall not be held liable for the shortage.
858. The damage to the machine-tools occurred in transit, so you should make a claim on the insurance company.
859. I’m sorry to hear that. I think after we make an investigation of the matter, we’ll consider the allowance. Is it OK?
860. I’ll try to find out why the shirts we sent you are a smaller size and inform you of the result as soon as possible.